Sunday, November 8, 2009

First attempt at homemade pizza

My GOD I've been missing me some carbs. Hence, homemade pizza.



The star of the show here was garlic and herb refridgerated pizza dough from Trader Joe's. SO doughy, chewy and good.

I topped with some zesty pizza sauce (made from scratch, pat on back, pat on back), a sprinkle of parm (really didn't want it too cheesy), spinach, buttloads of garlic (technical term), a few mushrooms and some market fresh ricotta (the blobs).

I've never worked with fresh pizza dough before and found it a bit unruly, so ended up making two slightly oddly shaped pizzas, but my god they were good. I shared one with Joe's sister Jenna who's visiting us at the moment, and divided out the extra slices for lunch and snacks. It felt so good to have a comfort food on hand with fresh yummy ingredients. Definitely one to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment