Monday, November 2, 2009

Thai me up! Thai me down!

We celebrated a pre-Halloween night at a haunted house in Pasadena, CA, with a slap-up Thai meal at Saladang.

I haven't eaten my fair share (or anyone else's share) of decent Thai food since we moved to LA, so I was excited to visit this highly recommended eaterie. It was a nice, airy space with high ceilings and a relaxed vibe.

We were all about the food. Starting with the 'Thai Toast'. These were delicious, if sinfully deep fried - they tasted like shrimp toast, but had a mix of meat and came with a nice tangy, delicate cucumber salad.



Pad Thai was a must. We picked the chicken version - HUGE enough to comfortably feed three people and still have a mountain of leftovers to take home:



We also ordered a massive plate of shrimp fried rice to share:



And a red curry with beef. This was the star of the evening! Very creamy, with a delicious coconut sauce. Holy YUM. Shame this was the smallest dish we ordered! We all wanted more.



It felt so good to have some great Asian food again - been much too long!

After the haunted house (hilariously cheesy and fun), I was jonesin for some pre-Halloween chocolate. This little guy pretty much jumped into my hand at a late night Vons run



Let candy season commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment