Monday, November 2, 2009

Pasta methadone

There are certain foods I would never have dreamed of eating a year ago. Tofu is one of these foods.

There's just something I don't trust about tofu. It's not meat. It tries to masquerade as meat, but it's confusing and odd. The texture is odd, that mushroomy smell is odd.

However, I do dream about pasta. Big bowls of creamy pasta. So good, so forbidden, so sorely missed. Therefore, I suspended my no-tofu rule a few months ago to try the Tofu Shirataki noodles, as championed by Hungry Girl.



I was pleasantly surprised by these. They have a very pasta-like consistency, and work really well as a substitute for me. Add in some Laughing Cow cheese, a dollop of sour cream and some chicken/vegetables and voila! Faux alfredo!

No comments:

Post a Comment