Thursday, October 29, 2009

Brownies and stirfy (in that order)

Last night's dinner was quick and simple. What do you do when you have buttloads of vegetables to use up and some chicken burning a whole in your fridge?

Quick and easy chicken stir fry with squash and zucchini! Light and delicious.



Served as usual with rice for the Carb Kid, and over salad for me.



Sometimes there is only room for one star in a meal. Last night, the star was dessert. NO PUDGE FUDGE BROWNIES!!



I've been DYING to try these ever since I picked up the mix at Trader Joe's. Every diet blogger I read has tried these at least once - they're low fat (only 110 cals per brownie) and super easy to make - just add vanilla low fat yoghurt and voila! I added an egg white to give them a more cakey texture.

Yummy mix going into the over. Not shown - me shamelessly licking the spoon, then licking the bowl, then calling Joe over to lick the bowl.



35 fragrant minutes later, my apartment smelled like brownies and the no pudge fun could begin!



I'm not much of a brownie expert, but these tasted damn fine to me - especially all warm and gooey straight out of the oven. Pretty fudgey and rich and minimizes the guilt factor - there's six still sitting in my kitchen and I'm not hating having them around, or averting my eyes every time I go in there. I may even have another after dinner tonight with some milk. Take THAT dessert cravings!

No comments:

Post a Comment