Friday, October 23, 2009

Three course gourmet

Today marked my return to the 30 Day Shred. The sheer effort meant that my meals were thrown all out of whack, and breakfast/lunch became a spread out, three course masterpiece.

Starting off with my regular fruity bowl of goodness and the last of the free gym wholewheat Cheerios:


Moving on to Breakfast II for two - scrambled eggs on an Arnold sandwich thin with chopped garlic chives from the Farmer's Market.


Portions for two modelled by Joe and his lovely feet. I always like to splash my scrambled eggs with balsamic vinegar to give it a little extra kick - admittedly, I like vinegar on almost anything, but this is a definite high spot.


As we were now hitting lunchtime, I threw together a small salad to fuel my gym trip - this included iceberg lettuce, the last of Joe's shredded prime rib, cherry tomatoes and a pinch of granola for some crunch. Simple and filling.


Off to the gym for an easy 3 miles ahead of tomorrow's long run, and already drooling in anticipation of tonight's sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment