Sunday, October 25, 2009

Night of the endless desserts

The day of a long run is always a munchfest. I try to recover by eating fresh foods for lunch, then letting my tastebuds rule my head for dinner.

Hence today's healthy salad lunch


which included the last of the faux fried chicken, romaine leaves, tomatoes and raspberries, tossed in balsamic vinegar. PS. raspberries in chicken salad = amazing chicken salad. From now on, these two things are best friend in my kitchen.

For dinner, I headed out to a local pub called West 4 & Jane with my friend Jenn for some simple carby bar food. I was jonesin for sweet potato fries, but was disappointed to hear they'd discontinued their calamari salad wraps (had before, loved). To make up for it, I ordered the carbiest meal on the menu I could find - 'vittles' chicken with brown rice, sweet potatoes and coleslaw (not pictured).


Under normal circumstance, this might have got a thumbs down for being a touch bland, but as it was, on the ravenous carb train, this pretty much hit the spot.

Didn't mean that I wasn't automatically jealous of Jenn's fresh looking seafood cobb salad. She gave it a 'meh' review.


After dinner, we wandered over to Pinkberry, which has recently introduced an 'as many toppings as we can fit' policy, without charging you separately. This was good news for the kiwis, raspberries, granola flakes and chocolate shavings which got to join my frozen yogurt party.


We decided to go to the movies to catch 'Whip It', the roller derby comedy, and here's where the night took a turn for dessert madness.

Late night saturday movies without candy are just wrong. Enter the pick and mix store.


So easy to get carried away here (I want one of EVERYTHING), and pack a massive bag that is way too much and costs a bomb. I tried to stick to the non-sugar section where I could and just get a few select things.

My bag ended up costing only $2.50, and I was very proud of self for the restraint.


Needless to say, it was all gone by the middle of the cute but forgettable movie. I will be taking this to the treadmill tomorrow in penance, but for tonight I ride the sugar high! Yeehaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment