Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Great Pumpkin!

Being a non-native, I am very easily thrilled by kitschy Americana traditions. My first trip to a pumpkin patch was definitely one of them (after 5 years in the US, how is this my first?)

First, a quick snack to fight off the temptation to munch my way through all the pumpkins like PacMan. My newest energy bar experiment went very well - very rich and chocolatey (almost makes up for the high calorie count)



Then it was off to the patch! Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere!





There was even a petting zoo! The animals were a little put out when they realized we hadn't shelled out the $4 for grain to feed them. I feel your pain, buddies.





In the end, we picked out an excellent small, fat pumpkin. Joe and I both approved.





BE READY PUMPKIN!!!!! TONIGHT WE CARVE OUT YOUR GUTS FOR OUR AMUSEMENT!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment