Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Comfort food

This blog is truly not intended to be too much of a personal project, at least not intentionally so. I've written personal blogs before, and always wanted to have a tighter focus. I'm self-contained by nature, and feel uncomfortable with too much blah blah me blah blah talk.

However, I don't think it breaks the rules to say that I have a lot on my mind at the moment. With work and personal worries aplenty flooding my thoughts today, I needed the ultimate comfort food.

Hence, it was grilled cheese day in Santa Monica.

This is a combo I've been dying to try since I brought home fresh deli carved chicken.

A thin spread of raspberry preserves



Add the righteous turkey and a few slice of brie (YUM!!!!)



Then about a quarter of a sliced farmer's market apple



Give it a whirl in the George Forman



And you have yourself some ooey gooey goodness. Eaten with my usual salad, and the rest of the apple. Fresh and delicious. The tastes blend just right, and it was the best lunch I've had all week!



One of the things I love about food is the concentration and satisfaction of putting something together and enjoying it. I used to avoid cooking because I hated the process of fussing over ingredients and pots and pans. I thought it was easier to have it all put together for me - now I can't stand the idea of not having a say in what I eat. I literally went to sleep planning this sandwich last night, and while that may seem sad to some, it really helped lighten my mood.

Every day, I love cooking a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment