Thursday, October 22, 2009

A mighty mighty run

After some troubles in the gym this week, I was nervous about attempting the 8 miles I had in mind for today. I'd planned to give it a go, but stashed a magazine in my bag for when I had to retire to the elliptical with my tail between my legs.

Out of nowhere, though, the running gods smiled, and today's 8 miler felt like a breeze. The gym was nice and empty, so I whiled away the time watching Oprah chat it up with a new vegan chef, and didn't have to stop once. Jolly good!

Once home, Joe and I visited Ralphs to stock up on food for the week, and decided on a simple and quick meal of seabass.

The portions at the fish counter were huge, so we picked out a large and split it. Here it is, all naked and vulnerable pre-oven.


Used my favorite recipe, which makes a simple rub for the seabass using olive oil, garlic, lots of pepper and salt. Splash the seabass with wine and it's ready for the oven. After 15 minutes in the oven, take out and add parsley, then roast for another 5 minutes, and voila!


SO yummy. Tastes buttery and delicious, even though it's not served with any, and is very low fat. Served with rice for Joe the Carb King, and salad for Miss Goody Two-Shoes, and veg for all.


Tomorrow we continue our week of music with Heart at the Greek. Very excitingly, we're also planning to stop off at Philippe's in downtown LA for sandwiches first. Philippe's is the legendary birthplace of the french dip sandwich - it's been serving them since 1918, so it's an incredible slice of history as well as an amazing meal. Full report to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment